Tuesday, November 16, 2010

HDTV sound goes for just a second?

I had a Polaroid 32'; (a cheap TV, I know) and everything was wrong with it. The buttons would stop working, the screen had a dip in it, the screen would stretch when going from normal to HD so I could only see 25% of the picture. I got a refund on it. But sometimes with it, the HD channels would ';skip';: they paused for about three seconds, both video and sound, like how online videos buffer.



Now I have a Sony Bravia 40'; (major step up). I've had it two days, and it skipped today. It only lasted about half a second but the Polaroid didn't start until four months after I got it, then quickly spiraled down. Is the skipping normal? I know changing from normal to HD will give a ';stutter'; as I call it: for me, it goes black, quickly shows the station, black again, then has the picture displayed perfectly. A technician pointed out the pixels change so this is fine. But I have a three year warranty; should I even worry? A skip I can deal with. It spiraling down, I can't.HDTV sound goes for just a second?
Relax, your TV is actually fine...



The reason your TV drops audio is because the Cable Signal is weak enough to cause loss of audio data....



So your signal strength most likely is on the edge of good and bad....



That requires a visit from the cable guys to check signal strength and VERIFY that ALL the data packets are being recieved ALL the time....



The data packets are your video and sound information....and you want a consistant 98% of data packets recieved...not 70% or 86%....



98% is good and what I would expect from the cable company....



Have you had any little squares popping up in your picture??

That's pixellation and shows you what video packet losses look like.....



Make sure the Cable guy actually checks the signal IN the room the TV is in....



And keep a close eye on the weather and your audio losses....sometimes it's weather related, showing a possible problem in the main cable lines around your neighborhood....

No comments:

Post a Comment