Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I re-size the amount of pixels my MONITOR displays?

I have an LCD monitor that can show up to 1280x1024 pixels.

So far so good.



Now, I want to set my resolution down to 1280x768, that means High Definition resolution, to make things nice...



My screen stretches it all the way to fill up the screen.

But what if I DON'T want that?



I want my screen to ONLY show 1280x768 pixels, and yes, to leave the upper and lower parts blank.



I once had a CRT monitor which allowed me to scale the the part in my monitor that is viewed, but my LCD monitor doesn't have anything like that.



Does anyone here know of any way to change the amount of pixels my MONITOR shows?



Is there any way I can do that?



My screen is an LG FLATRON L1710S.How do I re-size the amount of pixels my MONITOR displays?
Usually you are able to do this in your disply driver advanced options menu. It depends on what video card you have as to where this is located. I know that nVidia drivers will have this as ';LCD Monitor Scaling Option'; in the nVidia control panel in the latest version. Usually this is listed under the Monitor Option group on the left side (you may need to change the view to advanced settings).



Try googling your video card and ';lcd scaling options';.How do I re-size the amount of pixels my MONITOR displays?
Changing the pixel dimension on the computer properties (right click on blank area of desktop, select properties, hit settings tab) will not leave any part of the screen blank.

Why would you ever want to do that???



However the screen dimensions adjustment is accessible only from the monitor screen buttons.

You will have to play with the buttons on the monitor screen.

However doing this will leave your display squished!

No comments:

Post a Comment