Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I prevent color discoloration when I change an image from .bmp to .jpg?

When I save an image into a .jpg image the image messes up a little. The color sometimes changes or looks smeared and pixels are more visible. How can I stop this? And please don't say ';don't change it'; or ';keep it in .bmp.'; Is there something I can change on my computer so the images will display better in .jpg?How can I prevent color discoloration when I change an image from .bmp to .jpg?
On most software programs where you can convert an image to JPEG format, you can adjust the quality of the final image. The catch is that when you choose a higher quality, the file will be larger. As you lower the quality, the file size will shrink.



Choose the highest JPEG image quality to preserve color and to avoid that stippling effect.



Of course, you should also assure that you start off with a good, high-quality BMP at the beginning.How can I prevent color discoloration when I change an image from .bmp to .jpg?
When you go to save it in JPG formant there should be a option

that says ';quality'; it should be around 75%

if you set it too low it will cause the effects you describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment