Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I have been told my website I built won't display across different resolutions properly - can somebody help??

I need help from somebody experienced with building websites and using dreamweaver - I have designed our company website on a laptop with 1280 by 768 resolution, and displays fine in the dreamweaver preview browser. Our company IT guy says it won't display across different resolutions properly, so won't upload it to the server to go live. I have tried changing from pixels to percent but it doesnt seem to make any difference. For example, if I change the resolution of my laptop to 800X600 the webpage apears massive and you have to scroll across it. How can I fix this without starting again from scratch?I have been told my website I built won't display across different resolutions properly - can somebody help??
This is really hard to answer without actually seeing what it looks like. Is there an outer table that contains the entire contents of the page? If so, start by changing the width of that table to less than 800 pix wide. If there are other tables inside that one, you'll have to change their width as well.



I don't see how you would have to start from scratch, but you will have to change the width of different objects to get it to fit right. Don't worry about height for now, as scrolling down isn't a problem.



Take a look at how this page is set up.. the page is actually a set width, and there is a gray background filling up the rest of the screen. That's what you want to try and do with all of your sites in the future. It really solves the problem with viewing it across different resolutions. And I agree, you want it to look good on an 800 x 600 screen.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment