Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What size poster can I make with my Nikon D200?

My pixels are 2592x3872 and pixel dimention is 28.7. My resolution is 240 pixels/inch and the size of my image is 10.8x16.133 inches.



I want to make a poster. How large can I make it. I am also having a problem understanding how to convert it using Photoshop CS3. Do I note the pixels, change the resolution to a smaller number like 200 then increase the size in inches till it reaches the original pixels?



I want to make a poster printed through adoramapix.com. I am printing for a senior portrait I shot and want to make sure it looks good. What is the lowest resolution I can go when making large prints?



Thanks!!!What size poster can I make with my Nikon D200?
I've had quality prints made from my D200 up to 25'; wide on the long axis.

And it can likely get bigger.



For best result you scale the image to have the correct print size and resolution for the printer being used.

You can however leave that up to the people making the print, their computers are quite good at doing it for you.What size poster can I make with my Nikon D200?
I would leave the conversion up to the printing company. Check with them to see what format they want it in.



You can expect a ';good quality'; photo to print up to 20x30. The smaller the image, obviously, the better quality you will get. However, some printing companies will use enhancing software to increase the size of your image without losing image quality. I have used uprinting.com, and have been satisfied with the results.



Good luck!
  • PDA
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment