Friday, November 19, 2010

NEED HELP WITH MY LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!! IBM T23 !!!!!!!!!!! 10 points to best answer?

Hi, I just recently bought a laptop off ebay. Its in good working condition and is pretty nice. I am,... for the most part very good with most computers and know how to fix them. Anyway i bought this IBM Laptop the model is T23 .... so its a IBM laptop T23. I have right now 256mb of ram witch is not that good. And a 80gig HD. with Pentium III 800MHz processor I want to play a game on it some of u might know it. Delta Force Black Hawk Down. The system requirements to play are .... .



Requirements: Windows 2000/XP,Processor: PIII 800 MHz,DirectX 8.1 .... 256 MB RAM,Free hard drive space: 750 MB,Direct 3D 32MB DirectX 8.1,DirectX-compliant Sound Card,



First off what are the direct 8.1 things.



I have all of this a PIII 256 Ram and i just upgraded it to 512mb I have plenty more than 750mb free space. But what i want to know is ...... if it is my video card. delta force black hawk down... plays with any ... /D3D card with 32megs or ram on the card. I dont know what my video card is right now because i got grounded from my laptop now and my dad wont let me look at it or touch for like a month. Any way i can play the game on our Emachines pc and it works fine... but b4 i got grounded i tried to play and when the game was about to turn on it said....



The resolution test has failed, check to see if all your driver and video cards are up to date.... Something like that. Could it be my video card is not goo enough. I mean Delta Force black hawk down does not take an amazing computer to play as you can see. I just need to know why its not working. I mean I HAVE WINDOWS XP



PS:I ......... could this be a problem before i tried to play. I went to display setting ... u know were u can change the pixels and things. And I could choose my graphics card thing. It was on the first choice then i moved it to the second choice, Then tried to play. I never got to cange it back... could that be a problem????????????????



And if it is my video card could you tell me a good site or were i could get a new and better one for my IBM laptop Model T23...



Thanks for the help guys. much appreciated.NEED HELP WITH MY LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!! IBM T23 !!!!!!!!!!! 10 points to best answer?
First off, it might be good to know what Operating System you are using. Is it Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7? Anyway, it sounds most likely like a video card, and also note that the sound requirements need to be able to work with Direct X. Direct X is mostly video related, but it is sort of like the basic little OS that your video and sound uses. Direct 3D is not quite the same thing. First of all I can tell you not to mess with DXdiag utility. You don't know enough about it to get desirable results after messing with it. I would check the video resolution, maybe set it to 800x600 or even 640x480 to see if it will launch the game. Otherwise, your hardware is probably not sufficient and that would most likely be the video card. The unfortunate kicker is that you can't really upgrade the video in a laptop. It's more or less running its best video from the manufacturer. Anyway, to change resolution, right click desktop, choose properties, settings tab, and move the slider to adjust.NEED HELP WITH MY LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!! IBM T23 !!!!!!!!!!! 10 points to best answer?
You bought an IBM????? hahahahahaha Jokes on you

No comments:

Post a Comment