Friday, November 19, 2010

How do set my photo to have an jpg compression quality of 7or 8?

I am submitting my photos to a contest. These are requirements Submission Details:Only JPEG files will be accepted. The size of the images should be 800pixels as the largest dimension (width or height.) All layers should be flattened and have a jpg compression quality of 7or 8. Images should be saved with a resolution of 72ppi.



I know how to change the pixel dimensions but how can I check the jpg compression quality and change it or is that when I change the pixel dimensions that I am at the same time changing the jpeg compression quality? I have downloaded paint.netHow do set my photo to have an jpg compression quality of 7or 8?
I use Elements and when you ';Save As'; you can set the image quality to 7 or 8.



You can also use Irfanview. It will let you do the same thing but as a percentage. http://www.irfanview.com/



In either case be very careful to not ';Save As'; over your original file.

No comments:

Post a Comment