Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can i change my laptops' resolution to 1366 x 768 pixels ?

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with a max. resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and a Sharp Aquos 32'; LCD HDTV with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. I tried to use my TV as a display but the picture is slightly blurred. How can i change my laptops' resolution to match up with my TV ?How can i change my laptops' resolution to 1366 x 768 pixels ?
If the maximum your video card supports is 1280 x 800 you won't be able to set the resolution to 1366x768 without custom firmware for your video card. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are very experienced with PC's, but if you want a go anyways here's some basic instructions.



First check Dell's website for updated firmware, they might have a version that does what you want, if not then proceed on.



Figure out what video card your laptop has. (This can be done by clicking start -%26gt; run -%26gt; type dxdiag and press enter, next click on the display tab it should show you the manufacturer name and model for your video card).



Run a search on google for your specific make and model of video card (sometimes it helps to through in your laptop model on the search too), followed by the words ';firmware'; and possibly even ';custom';.



Browse around until you find one that works the way you want. Be very careful loading different firmware, as it may have negative effects on your laptop.How can i change my laptops' resolution to 1366 x 768 pixels ?
Right click on your desktop, click properties, settings- move the slider, to which size that you want..good luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment