Friday, November 19, 2010

I accidentally ';compressed'; a file, how do I undo it? Mac computer.?

I have a mac and I was trying to ';get info'; when I right-clicked but I accidentally chose ';compress file'; and it made all my picture files really small. It actually changed the pixel size of them as well as reduced other files in the folder. Can I reverse this?I accidentally ';compressed'; a file, how do I undo it? Mac computer.?
When you choose ';compress file'; from the contextual menu, it creates a .zip file in the same folder. It does not effect the original file, but rather copies and compresses it into another file. In this case, the original files would have remained untouched, and you should be okay.



Also make sure you are looking at the right thing, instead of say, a thumbnail. The easiest way of doing that is by showing the path bar (under ';View'; in menu bar) in Finder.



With that being said, maybe you didn't choose that particular feature, but maybe an automator workflow. In that case, those files have been effected, and there's nothing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment