Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What size poster can I make with my Nikon D200?

My pixels are 2592x3872 and pixel dimention is 28.7. My resolution is 240 pixels/inch and the size of my image is 10.8x16.133 inches.



I want to make a poster. How large can I make it. I am also having a problem understanding how to convert it using Photoshop CS3. Do I note the pixels, change the resolution to a smaller number like 200 then increase the size in inches till it reaches the original pixels?



I want to make a poster printed through adoramapix.com. I am printing for a senior portrait I shot and want to make sure it looks good. What is the lowest resolution I can go when making large prints?



Thanks!!!What size poster can I make with my Nikon D200?
use the crop tool in photoshop to re-size the image you want. in the width and height box, enter the size you want, in the resolution box, enter at least 240 dpi ( pixels per inch ), the crop the image. photoshop automatically re-sizes the image to the given size and it does a pretty good job too, then choose '; view actual pixels '; from the menu and you'll see the image at 100%, if you like the quality, then save it in .tiff format ( so you don't loose quality because of jpeg compression ) and take it to the lab and tell them the size you want to print. if viewing at 100% and you don't like the quality, then don't print it cause it wont look good. I have a Nikon D80, and I have blown up my pictures to sizes around 200 x 120 cm without loosing image quality.What size poster can I make with my Nikon D200?
The lab can tell you best.



The lowest resolution when making large prints using a D200, is Large/Fine, in other words the highest available on your camera.



Shooting with your camera at any lower resolution is wasting the quality you spent your money to buy.



CF cards are so inexpensive now, there is no excuse for NOT using the camera at its full resolution.



This weekend, 8 gb cards were on sale for $18.
I shoot large/fine with a D80 which gives 2592x3872. I've run prints up to 24x36 with no problems. You shouldn't need to convert anything unless it is RAW format %26amp; then you need to export or save it as a JPEG. When I have my enlargments done, I simply upload the JPEG file %26amp; tell them what size I want the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment